Thursday, September 17, 2009

After the Rain

We attemped to take our family walk tonight outside after it rained all day. The clouds were dark and gray and I asked Michael if we needed to turn around. "I've got a bad feeling about those clouds," I said. Michael looked up at the clouds and said, "Oh, those won't get us. They're headed away from us. Look at the pattern of the clouds." I told him that I didn't know how he could read the clouds but we moved ahead. Suddenly, I felt drops of precipitation. Then I saw the drops on the ground and said, "Turn around. That's rain." Was it ever! It started pouring rain, and we had Noah with us. I told Michael, "Run!" We put the stroller cover over Noah's head and started running. We were laughing our heads off, soaked from head to toe! Noah started laughing when he heard us. Keep in mind that Michael hasn't run in a long time and he was pushing a stroller and trying to sprint. Cars and trucks were passing us...we looked hilarious! Not the leisurely stroll I had in mind, but it was fun. What did John Lennon say? "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
We ended the night with fudge bars, because my beautiful boy was such a great sport!







No comments:

Post a Comment