Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Saying Yes

Lots of changes going on in the McBride house..some internal, some external. While change is difficult, it's necessary to re-evaluate where we are at vs. where we wish to be. I'm in process of evaluating so many areas of my life. Refelction is a good thing.  I just wish God would write the following on a billboard I could read on the way home, "Hello Brenda Joy McBride.  This is God.  Do this...." Unfortunately, God doesn't work that way. I find that he first sends us whispers.  We can choose to ignore the whispers or not. If we do ignore the whispers, they turn into loud, bold statements...then all-out screams! So, I'm trying to listen more carefully to the whispers...and forgive myself when I try to do it MY WAY, and ignore the screams...to my own detriment.  On that note...This week I'm saying YES to...
  • I say YES to saying NO when I need to! Sounds odd, but saying NO is not always an easy thing for me to do.  I genuinely want to help everyone and do everything!
  • I say YES to reflection, yes to hard decsions.
  • I say YES to my boys...and YES to appreciating my time with my loves.
  • YES to working on my fitness.
  • YES to balance...the ever-running-battle of my days!
  • I say YES to beautiful spring-like weather.
  • YES to daffodils!
  • YES to stepping outside my comfort zone!
  • YES to asking for help when I need it.
  • YES to listening to Jackson say, "Mama, Mama, Mama" in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.
  • I say YES to Elizabeth's pre-surgery girls party
  • YES to dancing it out...
  • YES to deep breaths and getting oxygen to my brain!
  • YES to making a difference.
  • YES to progress, not perfection.
  • YES! YES! YES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment