Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grampa's move to his new place

My Dad & Susan moved to their new place this weekend.  My dad is amazing.  He may have  a doctoral degree and be the smartest person I've ever met...but there simply is not a pretentious or lazy bone in his body.  I love that about him.  He will be retiring soon, so he purchased a beautiful piece of land so that he'd have something to "tinker around on" after he retires.  The home that was on the property was just an afterthought to him.  He painted it, had it fixed up nicely, and they began moving in yesterday.  All of us helped with the move.  I love that my family always comes together when we need each other. No questions asked. 
My family pretty much rocks that way! And in lots of other ways, too!
Grampa's house is going to be his grandkids' dreams come true! He's got LOTS of land, a red barn, a lake, and a running creek! Oh, and did I mention a treehouse?!? The treehouse isn't in running order yet, but knowing my dad...it will be soon. I have a feeling lots of good memories will be made at Grampa's new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment