Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

Today is 11/11/11.
I must write something, as the numbers don't align this way often, right?  Well, I don't know about writing something epic. Sounds intimidating. Daunting. Instead, I will write something seemingly simple...
YES!
Yes. Such a short, seemingly simple word. Two consonants and one vowel. Yes.

But is it easy to say yes? Perhaps.  I heard William Shatner discussing his book on the radio recently.  I haven't read his book, so I'll have to take his word for it...but he said there's a chapter title in his book called, "Say Yes To Everything."  Interesting concept. But the more I think about it, the more I agree. Say YES. Yes to life. Yes to trying new things. Yes to opening our minds and hearts and taking a chance. Yes to love. YES!
But so often, we get so wrapped up in our busy lives, the expectations we have for ourselves and our lives...the "shoulds," and we end up saying no to potential moments of perfection...for whatever reason or reasons.  Well, on this 11/11/11, I say no to that and YES to life.
Here's a start.
Today, I'm saying yes to...
Watching Jackson toddle in that special baby way, as he learns how to walk...
Yes to staying in the present moment...
I say yes to connecting with others...
Yes to asking for help when I need it...
I say yes to singing and dancing with Noah...
Yes to squeezing juicy baby bottoms...
Yes to showing gratitude for my many blessings...
Yes to being in the present moment with my boys...
Yes to accepting my many flaws...and yes to making efforts to improve the things I can.
I say yes to playing trains, making tents out of sheets, and getting cozy with the boys.
Yes to getting caught up on things I've been procrastinating doing...and
Yes to forgiving myself for not having finished the things with which I've been procrastinating!
I say yes to preparing for our family Christmas photo shoot...

Yes to editing and sharing pictures...
I say yes to the crisp fall air and cozy sweaters...Yes to starting the first fire of the season...
Yes to progress, not perfection.
YES! YES! YES!

1 comment:

  1. I say yes to having one of the most amazing mothers and friends I have ever known! You are just awesome, B. Best blog post ever. Love you!

    ReplyDelete