Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Visit from my bestie

I've often said that love is a verb. Let me just fill you in on how Elizabeth personified this today. I had a meeting to go to today at noon, and no childcare. Elizabeth & her fabulous clan drove in to keep Noah. I came home after only an hour and a half to discover that not only was she taking care of my child, but she took care of my laundry, my bathroom, and started on the disaster that was my room! I must say, my room is not usually that bad, but this last week I've gotten out all maternity clothes, had to sort clothes for a garage sale, had to put loads of clothes that are pre-maternity into stacks, and then had loads of laundry in there on top of that...among all kinds of other junk. Seriously, a disaster. In fact, I am certain if anyone other than Elizabeth or my sisters had done that I would've been mortified! But as Elizabeth saw the chaos that was my room, bathroom, & closet...she understood all too well, and just got started. No judgement, no condemnation, no making me feel inferior because I DON'T HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER! What a true friend. Incredible. She & the kids spent the day here, and Noah had the BEST time swimming & playing with his cousins, and I got the overdue chance to talk with my best friend. It's funny how an afternoon like this is therapy. I'm so, so lucky to have her. I am BLESSED!!!



Brenda Joy McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment