Sunday, June 27, 2010

Therapist, heal thyself

I realize that, even though I didn't think that we were going to have a baby girl, I already had a baby girl name that meant a lot to me. There is no mistake in that, only in not having any baby boy back-up names. I realize that I've been grieving the name I wasn't able to give, so I decided to do the therapeutic thing...acknowledge it and call it the griefwork that it really is. It took me a couple days, but the therapist figured herself out.
The name that I would have named a girl is:
Anne Marie (Michael's Mom's name & My Mom's Name)
Elizabeth (Michael's Grandmother's name & My Best Friend's Name)
McBride

That would've been our girl name, and at this point, I'm still clueless as to what our boy names will be. I've mentioned a few things to Michael, but he thinks I'm nuts...even though one of the names I mentioned was in the 2nd place running next to Noah last go round. Unfortunately, I wasn't blogging then, so I can't show him the post where I wrote it down! For some reason, boys don't seem too concerned over something as significant as a name. Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm sitting here balling my eyes out....that is absolutely the sweetest thing ever...and I know what names mean - we are the same that way....that you would even Brenda...I figured her name would of been Marie and that's the reason you were so sad - not because of having another fabulous little boy - but because you wanted to honor your mom - I get that all too well - Brenda I love you so much - you are the best friend I have had will ever have....you just made my heart grow ten times...guess it matches my butt now....I need tissue...

    ReplyDelete