Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rock You, Hold You

Every nap, every bedtime, we rock Noah to sleep. It's funny. Sometimes he wants Daddy to put him to sleep, sometimes Mommy. Noah has heard me say, "Do you want Mommy to rock you?" and "Do you want Mommy to hold you?" so many times that he will say, "rock you,"or "hold you" when he wants me to rock or hold him. For instance, this morning, he was just waking up and was sitting in the chair drinking his milk, watching a show. He reached his arms out to me and said, "Hold you." I happily held my sweet boy. Tonight when I was rocking Noah to sleep, I thought Noah was asleep and I got up to put him in his bed. He whispered in the sweetest baby voice, "rock you." So I sweetly rocked my precious boy for quite a while, realizing that THESE are the moments that I'll want to cherish forever...Rock you, hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment