Sunday, April 25, 2010

Noah's 1st Hair Cut...Part 1

O.k. The day I've been dreading for the last 2+ years is here....the day Noah gets his first haircut. I've been reluctantly debating on getting his hair cut and continue to let his precious copper locks grow & curl. But even Michael's mom noticed that the curls particularly by Noah's ears and back of his neck were bothering him. After we saw how long it really was in the bathtub, and after much deliberation, (and I won't lie...a few tears) we decided to have Michael's Mom cut Noah's hair. If I could have ANYONE do it, it's Grammie. She used to cut hair, she listens to me...and above all else...SHE LOVES NOAH'S curls, too! So I didn't worry too much about her lopping off too much. Because this is such a monumental occasion, I'm documenting in a 2-part blog. This is part 1! My angel, Noah...just minutes before Grammie cut his hair for the 1st time.

We turned on a fun Elmo show for Noah & had some chocolate M&M's, in hopes that he'd be still and distracted for his first haircut.

As you can see, that didn't work. As soon as Michael set up behind Noah & began wetting his hair, Noah instantly sensed something was up. "What's going on here, Daddy?!?"

Grammie was going to start slowly. This is when she was combing out Noah's hair. Look at his sad boo boo face as he holds a strand of his hair. It broke my heart. I literally had tears in my eyes.

Grammie making the first cut. Again, look at Noah's sad face. Heartbreaking! It's like he knew what was happening. His face matched mine. I felt as if my heart was being cut out with a spoon. Ugh.
Look at this face. I never anticipated that Noah would be sad....fidgety, yes...cranky, yes...but sad? No. LUCKILY, after the initial shock of the first couple snips, Noah was a pro and literally just let her go and watched his show, laughing, giggling...being his normal fun self.
Nevertheless, Mama was a little bit in trauma! Oh, it's hard letting go...even of a few precious curls!
Thank GOODNESS Part 2 is a much better report!





No comments:

Post a Comment