Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Amazing News

Life is funny. I woke up this morning, with no symptoms of anything...and thought to myself, "I need to take a pregnancy test today." I was shocked when I read the test and it said, "pregnant." It was 6:30 in the morning, and I just woke up from my 1st night's sleep in 2 days because Noah was so sick with a virus. I read the test again. Surely, my eyes just aren't awake and I'm not reading it right. Again, I read the test. Again, the test read, "pregnant." I felt shocked and amazed and immensely blessed. I didn't know what to do next. Michael & I talked recently about trying to have another baby in the future, but I feared this was nearer than he might be ready for. I teared up. I entered the living room and saw my husband of almost 12 years sitting in the chair with my darling 2 year old, Noah, snuggling. "He's got a 102 fever," he said. Noah, Michael, & I snuggled in the chair. Michael noticed something was different and asked if I was o.k. I told him, "Yeah." I must not have been too convincing, because he asked me again. I told him, "I'm pregnant." Evidently he thought his ears were having the same problem my eyes were...and for good reason. He actually has an ear infection right now. "Huh?" he replied, smiling. His jaw literally dropped. I told him again, and he smiled again. "How long?" I said, "I just woke up and took the test a few minutes ago." He hugged me and Noah, and we both laughed. Wow. Life can change on a dime. I got on BabyCenter.com and calculated our due date...November 16, 2010. Michael was sitting on the stairs, watching Noah play. I sat down beside him. I told him that we'd have a baby for Thanksgiving. Saying that outloud felt quite surreal....a baby by Thanksgiving?!? We laughed again, "Well, at least I'll have an excuse not to cook," I said. Michael looked in my eyes and said, "Merry Christmas." "Merry Christmas," I replied. Noah saw us sitting on the stairs, and sat in between us, and said, "Family." We did a "Family Hug," which is where Michael, Noah, & I get real close and do a group hug. Our little family is growing. My heart is filled with joy.
Noah's fever came down and it's a beautiful morning, so we took a walk around the lake. I texted Michael a message, "How are you feeling about our big news?" He replied back, "I'm excited about it...will be fun to have all the 'firsts' again...excited for Noah too...how he feeling?...how u feeling?" His message was very comforting, just what I needed to hear. I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment