Thursday, March 18, 2010

Deciding to Share Our Happy News

I've been internally debating on whether or not I would share our happy news on my blog. I've decided to share. #1. Few people read it. #2. I feel like it's part of being authentic.
I'm officially 5 weeks & 2 days pregnant!
Lots of people suggest not mentioning it this early due to the 1st trimester being the riskiest time for miscarriage. I know this is true. I've had a miscarriage before, and I was devastated. YES, people knew I was pregnant when I miscarried. And although it was painful having to explain my loss, I consciously chose to talk about it (after 5 days of isolating at home, but I had a nightmare ER experience. The ER gave me medicine I was allergic to and I got home with a 101 fever & then had some other doctor nightmares, so I feel it was justified.)
So often people don't know what to say so they say nothing. It ends up making those suffering the loss feel in even more pain...whether the pain is from a miscarriage, a diagnosis of cancer, a divorce, or other struggles we endure. I chose to learn and grow from my loss and talked about it to de-mystify some of it and just get it out there. It's a reality, yes. But our biggest fears are that we won't be able to handle whatever it is we fear. This gives the fear more power... feeds the fear. I don't like the idea of not sharing our joyful news because of what MIGHT happen. LOTS of terrible things MIGHT happen. For me, holding it in feels like giving the fear more power than it deserves. So I'm rebelling. I'm telling. I pray that our newest joy is healthy, happy, and strong. That's the same prayer I prayed every day...many times a day...when I was pregnant with Noah. Our baby is as big as a Sweet Pea and is estimated to arrive in November 2010. HOW BLESSED am I? INFINITELY!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! So glad you decided to share and CONGRATS to the whole fam!

    ReplyDelete