Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Organization 101

This past month, I have become exceedingly overwhelmed with all the clutter and "stuff" that seems to be accumulating in our house. It's to the point that I'm feeling inefficient because I can't find things when I need them, so then I end up wasting time I don't have to spare because I can't find things! Enough is enough! I did a lot of soul searching and realized something today. I never learned that...never really learned how to organize stuff. My mom was so often CREATING with us...gardens, clothes, dolls, everything you can imagine....but I don't remember getting a lesson on organization 101 before she died. I've tried to get things in order, but it doesn't last long, and I just have to accept, I don't know how to do it!!!Here is where the pivotal decision is made...say, "poor me," or say, "Well, I can learn!" I choose the latter. I decided to approach it the same way I approach anything I want to learn more about. When I wanted to learn about plants, I bought books, went to gardening shows, and educated myself. When I wanted to learn about taking pictures, decorating, or running, I did the same thing. I'm taking the same approach with the home organization. I've ordered some books, and enlisted Michael's help, because he DOES know HOW. For him, it's the motivation that's lacking...not the knowledge. I'm just the opposite on this boat...lacking the knowledge, not the motivation. We are such a match. Thank goodness, my husband's mother is an absolute genius at this, so Michael HAS learned how. Michael & I are trying to slowly go room by room until we get it. First was the pantry. Noah found this Elmo pinata hidden away in there, and "helped" us in our process...and it IS a process, but I'm determined!
Noah chomps on treats he found in the pantry





1 comment:

  1. Good luck, honey! I wish I could help too but I need pointers myself. GO sign up online at 12 Minutes to GO and she will send you a free 12-minute tasy for each day and it will help you get organized. It's really cool.

    ReplyDelete