Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Santa visits Noah & Jackson





For several weeks, I've been talking to Michael about taking the boys to see Santa. Being the OCD paranoid person that he is, Michael kept putting it off, not wanting to expose the boys to germs. I'm that way, too, but not to the extent that I won't take my kids to see Santa! Anyway, sure enough...as luck had it, our boys have been sick the past 2 weeks. So we never got to sit on Santa's lap. We DID get to have Uncle Brian here as Santa, which was special, though. So when Michael got home, I told him that I was sad that our boys missed sitting with Santa. He said, "I know what you're going to say already." And he was right. I wanted Michael to dress up as Santa and come visit the house. He wasn't thrilled about it, but he played along. It was funny. When the doorbell rang, and I said, "I wonder who it is," Noah said, "Maybe it's Santa!" Sure enough, it was! Santa brought Noah a Mickey Mouse book and the boys got to sit on Santa's lap. Jackson was already sick and beyond tired when Santa arrived, so he wasn't too fond of sitting with Santa! But, at least we didn't just skip it! See, Jackson? See Noah? See how much your Mommy TRIES to make special memories for you both? No, it doesn't always work as I envision, but I try because I love you both so very much. You too, Daddy Santa. Thanks for humoring your wife of almost 13 years. I love you all dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment