Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Wrap-Up

This weekend quickly came to an end, and we are DEFINITELY not rested, but we did get a lot done. We finished up the flower bed we started yesterday and planted 3 Climbing Iceberg roses along the fence. Noah & I played outside a lot so that Michael could mow, weed eat, etc. He has been a yard boy all weekend, bless his heart. Once he gets started, though, he's unstoppable. Noah found a great game in the pool where he dipped the top part of his head in the water. He laughed hysterically. So did I. I sat there watching my son giggle with not a care in the world, and I thought of sweet Helen...how she loved Noah so. I brought Noah to Hospice this week and it was Helen's last good moments. He kissed her over and over and she just loved on him right back. What a blessing those kisses were...for all of us.
Seeing Noah smile is the best therapy I could've asked for today.
Dipping his head in the water

Ta Daaaaa!

Michael took a break to take Noah on a tractor ride. Every day, they take a ride on the tractor through the neighborhood, around the lake. I met a new neighbor across the lake yesterday, and she said, "Oh, there's the little red-headed boy that rides the tractor." How funny.

This bed is so long; it's hard to get a good picture. It may not look like much now, but in a year or 2, it'll be full. Digging in the dirt, pulling weeds, and planting new life was also quite therapeutic today.

1 comment:

  1. Precious, Brenda! I love reading your posts and looking at pictures of your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete