Friday, May 14, 2010

Hearing Baby's Heartbeat for the 1st Time

Today I had a long doctor's appointment. It was meant to be long, but not as long as we were there...2 hours. My doctor, who I adore, got called to the hospital, so she was late getting to us. Michael had to leave early to go see patients and was frustrated that he had to miss seeing the doctor. I didn't know we'd hear the baby's heartbeat today, so I felt so bad that he missed that. When Dr. Willis heard that Michael had to leave, she felt awful. She asked if I had a recording device on my phone...and thanks to the trusty iPhone, of course I did. She let me record the baby's heartbeat on my phone for Michael. Now, tell me how many doctors are that wonderful? She said everything looked perfect. She also said, "Your baby's heart beat is 155. According to the wivestales, it's a girl." She then said, "I think it's a girl, too, but mainly because of the sickness you've had with this baby that you didn't have with your son. You'll have to let me know if I'm right." We don't have an ultrasound to determine gender until 20 weeks, and I'm about 14 1/2 weeks, so it won't be long! I'd love a girl, but my main prayer is that our baby on the way is healthy, happy, and strong. That's my prayer every night. It's the same prayer I prayed for Noah, and he turned out just perfect, so we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet....and I am usually good at picking up the correct boy/girl vibe but goodness, this little stinker has me stumped! Some days, I think PINK and some days I think BLUE. LIke you said, I just hope you have a beautiful healthy child and I know you will!!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete