Sunday, January 31, 2010

Noah's 2nd Birthday Party

Noah's 2nd Birthday Party This smile is worth every Elmo I hand-made for the party. Priceless. Grampa as Elmo & Noah
Noah was not even the least bit scared of the red monster. In fact, when my dad went to our room to get some air, Noah started crying...so of course he came back:) Such a good Grampa!

My Dad...amazing doesn't cut it! He was sweating, barely able to breath, dancing up a storm, picking up the kids & dancing with them...then picks me up and swings me around! He's still got it! He told me, "You won't be able to see my face underneath the costume, but I was smiling big."

Grampa as Elmo makes the big entrance! Check out those moves!

Noah was so overstimulated and tired after visitors, cake, dancing, and Elmo...I think he maybe opened 2 presents...this was one of them.
SPECIAL family & friends that helped us celebrate the day:
Daddy, Mommy, Grampa, Oma, Aunt Susie, Matthew Nick Nick, Uncle Doug, Aunt Denise, Andrew, Ella, James, Mary Beth & Taylor, Paw Paw, Granny Meg, Sarah, Elizabeth & Roni, Ben, Candi, Savannah, Sierra, & Summer Turney, Shawn, Vickie, & Todd (his kids were sick but Christine sent the cutest present & Noah loved it).

Yesterday (January 30, 2010) we celebrated Noah's 2nd Birthday! My how time flies! Noah loves Elmo now, so it was an Elmo party. The big surprise of the day was the "Red Monster," aka "Elmo." Since Noah loves dancing & loves Elmo, I thought we could combine the two and have Elmo come out & dance with the kids. My dad (Grampa) did the amazing of job of being Elmo. Actually, amazing would be an understatement. I mean, he's 62 years old and jumped up and down, danced, and even spontaneously lifted me up during part of the dance party. Noah loved him. Just LOVED him. My dad was worried it would be a disaster and the kids would run scared from the red monster. Actually James did, but he was the only one, so that's a pretty good outcome.
Elmo Birthday Cake

Noah & Mommy

Noah actually stuck his fingers in the cake while we were singing happy birthday.

Noah dances up a storm to Ghostbusters with Elmo & his friends.
I had a photographer, Jacklyn Capt, come to take pictures for the party so I could really focus on staying in the present and enjoying the moment without worrying about taking pictures. They won't be here until next week, so these are just a few candid shots taken. More to come!
Happy Birthday, sweet angel. Mommy loves you!









No comments:

Post a Comment