Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Sleepy Angel

Poor Noah. He had an ear infection for Christmas, and this week he has some other sickness. I took him to the pediatrician, and the MD gave us cough syrup with codine, the strongest stuff he had...because my poor child (& poor Mommy & Daddy) wake up every 2 hours due to Noah's cough & congestion. I thought the cough syrup would be the silver bullet for sleep. No dice. Instead, my child had a red mask-like rash on his face beginning last night. (Michael left last night for California to go to the BCS Championship Game. As I write this, Michael is at the Rose Bowl in California, unfortunately, watching the Longhorns get their tails handed to them. ) All that to say that the pediatrician's office told me that Noah had either A) An allergic reaction to Codine or B) Fifth's Disease (virus that I can do nothing about). I gave him the recommended Benadryl in hopes that it would fix the rash and help him sleep. No dice again. Instead, he got quite hyperactive and silly. He fell asleep sitting up in the cart in Target...still holding his sucker. Poor little thing. I hope he gets better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment