Saturday, August 22, 2009

A rough weekend

Michael went to the doctor yesterday because he somehow hurt his back. For him to go to the doctor, I knew it was bad. By the time he got home, he could barely walk and began yelling out in pain. He literally got STUCK after he sat down and couldn't get up! I tried to push him in the chair to the couch but he didn't want to scratch the floors. He just kept hollering and hollering in pain with every move he tried (unsuccessfully) to make. It sounds awful, but I started laughing, and so did he (but that hurt him more so we stopped.) It was like those old commercials with the old lady that said, "I've fallen and I can't get up," except he "sat down and couldn't get up. Call Life Alert!" I got in the piggyback position and said, "Just lean over on me and I'll drag you to the couch." Thank goodness he got some pain killers, muscle relaxers, and steroids, so he eventually got to the couch. I had a funeral to go to at noon today and that's the only break I've had from double duty taking care of my boys. Oh, before I knew about Michael's Dr.'s appointment, I went into the attic and got out the Halloween decorating stuff. I'm over summer and ready for Fall, so in the midst of all this chaos, there's pumpkins, scarecrows, and Halloween stuff strung over the house. I'll get it decorated though! At least that'll be fun, right?
Here Noah is having his 1st Oreo cookie.

Tickle time with Mommy & Noah

I'm going to get Noah's tickle spot! I love this boy's laugh!





2 comments:

  1. How is Michael...I started to call but I knew ya'll would be sleeping. I'll try tomorrow...hope he got some sleep and relief. Noahs hair is precious...it will be hard for you to ever cut it...Michaels was like that except his was blonde.
    luv you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bren, more back problems! sorry girl - tell Michael I hope he feels better soon...and I love the tickle pics!!

    P.S. - You and I were on the same brainwave this weekend bc I am SO over Summer too and I had Taylor trying on hand-me-down Halloween costumes - he loved it!!

    ReplyDelete