Sunday, August 30, 2009

A long week

This is Noah's cheek after his battle with the chair. The black all over his chin isn't a bruise...it's cookies-n-cream Blue Bell ice cream. As soon as he got the ice cream, his crying stopped and he was his happy-go-lucky self again.
My favorite longhorn

Dancing around and being a ham

Inspecting the pumpkins

Purple tongue after freeze pops


It has been a long week at our house. Michael's back is just now starting to show signs of improvement, but he is still not able to do much. Last Sunday night Noah climbed on back of a chair and it flipped over and the chair pinned him on the floor. I was literally picking the chair up off him. It was awful. Luckily my neighbor is an ER doctor and said it would just bruise, and he was right. (Of course, I had to set the alarm for every 2 hours throughout the night to make sure he didn't have a concussion...ugh!) The bruise is just gone today, a week later! I did some furniture re-arranging since then so hopefully that was a one-time incident! I've continued my double duty of wife and husband chores and let me just say that I am in awe of single mothers! I don't know how they do it. They must be less OCD than me! (That's a good thing!)
Enough of that. Onto better things. Let's see. Michael's mom is coming this weekend and we love when she visits! I wish she'd just move in and live with us. (If anyone ever comments about my decorating, it's all because I've seen HER house through the years! She's incredible with making all things beautiful.) Other noteworthy news; Noah saw his Aunt Rebekah's picture in a photo book this week and said, "Beh-Uh." (With no prompting, by the way!) SO cute. He loves his family. Speaking of "Beh-Uh," she is going to make me one happy lady because she's bringing her family here the weekend of the 12th and keeping Noah and letting us have some R&R. I haven't had one day away since Noah was born, and I could use just a little replenishment. THANK YOU REBEKAH! Noah has been so good this week, especially with less Daddy time. He's been reading lots of books, playing outside a lot, climbing on everything, enjoying freeze pops, and dancing up a storm. I'm hopeful that this week will bring healing to Michael's back and that we can get back to somewhat of a normal routine. Other interesting information...Tyler's half marathon is this October. I just decided to do it. That's just over a month away, and a lot of training to do! The last time I did a half marathon was pre-baby with several months of training, so I'm anxious about this for sure. All I can do is the best I can do. I ran about 32 miles this week, but I'm sore. I'm rarely sore from running, but it's been an unusually hard week with Michael out of commission, so I'm hoping that things will get easier. Key word...HOPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment