Monday, August 17, 2009

Off to a bad start

Michael and I discussed planning our menus for the week out in advance so that we could grocery shop and then have a plan for our healthy eating. (Evidently people do that?) Well, last night, my sister called & we ended up talking for a while. Meanwhile, Michael fell asleep on the couch, so no menus or shopping was done! We decided on a healthy meal for dinner tonight, but got home to find that we didn't have the ingredients we needed. Another oops! Michael opened a box of trans-fatty acid, butter-baked croutons against my pleading him to put the croutons down! He then fed them to Noah! I called Michael's sister to plead my case since she has influence and is a healthy eater and cook! She's such a good sport. Luckily, I had some leftover Kashi organic pizza in the fridge, so at least I ate healthy! It's pretty bad when the first day of your family cooking -health kick is already foiled! I did get on the treadmill and ran 5 miles (slowly!) so it wasn't a total loss. Michael is at the store now. Better luck tomorrow! By the way, thank you Mary Beth for the ideas for what I can try to cook! I need all the help I can get as evidenced by tonight's fiasco.

1 comment:

  1. No problem, girl - it will get easier, I promise - stick with it!!!

    ReplyDelete