Sunday, August 2, 2009

Noah at 17 Months




Against my better judgment, I didn't get a 16 month picture of Noah, because Michael kept hounding me to slow down. I listened. I did. Last month. However, it's so important for me to be authentic, and honestly, I just didn't feel good not having it done. I literally found myself thinking about it at night when I couldn't sleep. It's not like we didn't have any pictures of him at 16 months. I think we have somewhere around 600ish. But, I like having an "official" picture for the month. All I can come up with is that it is somehow related to my mother's death. I'm keenly aware of that lost presence and I guess somehow having a picture made is physical, tangible, "stuff" that Noah can one day have. Anyway, I compromised, and, instead of going to my favorite photographer, went to the dreaded SEARS photo department. One day many years from now, I hope Noah and Michael appreciate all that it takes to spend 2 hours with a toddler, in a confined, hot space. I wore shorts and a tank top to the session and I was still sweating after 10 minutes! BUT, at least I have an official picture of my Noah at 17 months. Here are a couple! Sometimes, it sure is tough to have those obsessive compulsive tendencies!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Mommy! I love his little ovies and the fact that you can see his tiny red curls!! So precious.

    ReplyDelete