Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beautiful Life





Tonight I was finishing off some Blue Bell ice cream (one of my many maladaptive coping skills after a long day at the psych unit) and Michael & I heard Noah saying, "Beh Beh, Beh Beh" over and over. (That's how he says baby). His vocabulary is just exploding right now, so we thought Noah was just perseverating on the word baby. A minute or so later, Michael said, "Oh, no! Look what he's got." I went to discover that my son was absolutely correct! He got into a drawer that had at least 100 superfluous baby pictures of Noah. He had them spread on the floor but (somehow) was not tearing them up or eating them...which is unusual at this juncture in his little life! He was pointing at all the pictures of himself, saying "Beh Beh, Beh Beh." Too cute. Too smart already!
After getting Noah to bed, I went outside and sat on the upstairs back porch and just breathed in the beautiful view thinking, "I am so blessed to have my life, my family, this beautiful view, this beautiful life."




No comments:

Post a Comment