Friday, July 10, 2009

My First Note

This is my first entry, and I guess I will learn as I go along. My curiosity was peaked when my friend, Mary Beth, mentioned that this is a great way to document and share the special moments in life that we too easily forget. When I read that the blog could be put into a hard-bound book, I felt like I could honestly give this some effort. I guess after losing my mother to cancer, I became painfully aware how pictures, a hand-written recipe for sugar cookies, and other tangible objects (like books) can preserve memories. Life is so precious. Moments with those we love are the real stuff of life. Noah is now 17 months old, and I hope that he will one day be able to read about these special moments, and know fully that he is and always has been...truly and unconditionally loved. When my dad baptized Noah, he spoke to us personally during the sermon, about the importance of continually telling your children how much they are loved, & how God continually loves His children. He looked me right in the eye and said, "Tell him over and over how much he is loved...and never let him forget it." In addition to taking endless pictures (I'm constantly teased that Noah is the most photographed child in Texas), it is my intention to write down these special thoughts and feelings as a way to remind Noah and all my family and friends that they are loved...and never let them forget it.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogdom, girl! I love your blog look already - should have known your blog would be the most "fashionably dressed" in town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you gotta get on playlist.com and add your favorite songs to your blog - that can be addictive too!

    ReplyDelete