Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Annemarie is 6 weeks today

Six weeks ago today, I gave birth to the most precious and amazing baby girl.  There's something different about having a girl.  Maybe it was the almost 2 hours of skin-to-skin contact at birth. Maybe it's because I know that this is the last baby I'll be having. Maybe it's because I feel a little closer to my mom, as she was a mom of girls. Maybe it's the fun ruffles and bows.  Maybe it's because I'm a new mom at forty.  Maybe it's all of the above.  But all I know is that she makes my heart so full...I feel it could literally burst.  I love listening to her, watching her, holding her.  I love that she smiles at her Mommy and that I'm her greatest source of comfort.  There will never be a time that I won't be here for you, my sweet darling. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment