Thursday, November 6, 2014

Annemarie at 4 weeks








Annemarie at 4 weeks:

Loves:

  • Mommy~ (and I'm not just saying that because I'm the Mommy).  If this girl is crying, give her to Mommy and she stops in a flash.  It frustrates the heck out of Paw Paw, but she'll get to where she'll go to other people more. But for now, she's definitely all about the Mommy.
  • Milk~ Her pediatrician can't believe how much she's grown! At her check-up, she weighed in at 10.2 pounds and 22 inches long.  The pediatrician said, "That's freaking awesome. Unbelievable. For her to go from 7 pounds to 10.2 in that amount of time...we just don't see that. She's perfect. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it."
  • Over the shoulder~ Annemarie is often propped up on my shoulder.  She seems to prefer this to the cradle position.  
  • Bouncing~ She's a bouncer.  And she prefers to be bouncing, over the shoulder, to a little cha cha dance while I pat her back.  No, she's not high maintenance. That's just what she likes. So, we go across the floor in a cha cha manner. 1x2x...123,
  • Cuddles.  This girl is a cuddle-bucket...which I love.  Sometimes when she's particularly tired or getting fussy, I noticed that if I put her skin on my skin...particularly her cheek against my cheek...she'll settle. So picture this...We are cheek to cheek, doing the cha cha when she's upset.
  • Favorite Songs: You Are My Sunshine, Silent Night, Father I adore you. 
  • Nicknames: Darlin' (Both boys call her their "Darlin'.") Our Girl is another nickname. 
  • Her brothers Noah & Jackson~ These guys are quite often in her face or fighting over who can bring her the diaper faster...but they adore her. In fact, Jackson even replaced some of the words of "Father I Adore You," with "Baby, I adore you." So picture this: Sweet Jackson (with no prompt) comes up to Annemarie, and sweetly sings, "Baby, I adore you. Lay my life before you. How I love you."  If THAT doesn't melt your heart...well, you're either the Grinch or some freak of nature.  Noah does the same thing. And Noah will also sing to her and say, "There, there, Darlin'" when Annemarie starts fussing. 
  • She appears to like Classical Music~ Sometimes if she's fussing, Daddy will play classical music and she'll settle down.  When Sam played the piano, she instantly stopped crying and listened intently. 
Dislikes:
  • The car seat~  She is not a fan of being buckled in that thing.
  • Pacifier~ This is a tough one.  She will be sucking like she wants a pacifier, but if you put that thing in her mouth...as soon as she realizes there's no milk coming out of that thing...get ready for a scream.
  • Tummy time~ She's not a fan of tummy time yet.  She'll get there. 
  • Being held for too long by anyone than Mommy; get ready for a scream.  


No comments:

Post a Comment