Saturday, May 11, 2013

Special Memories of 2013 Race for the Cure

Susie & I- 2013 Race for the Cure

Elizabeth & I

Special frends
My favorite new addition that I pushed for...our photo booth...NOT my PVC pipe Sanford & Son version..but a cool company that has a real-time photo booth that folks took pictures in and got instant printouts at the race. LOVE THIS!

Why we race---SURVIVORS!
Susie snapped this picture of me holding the finish line for the fast runners. That was fun!
Noah helping me register folks and pass out shirts the night before the race. Poor baby got sick shortly after:(  But Mommy brought him home a medal anyway!
Darling Veronia






 


2013 Race for the Cure---
Unfortunately, Noah got food poisoning the night before the Race for the Cure.  He started vomiting at 9:00 pm, and didn't stop until about 3:00 am.  (Of course, I had to get up to get at 4:30 am to get to the park early, ugh!) So I was so disappointed and sad when my guys weren't able to make it for the race.  Susie, Elizabeth, & some other special friends did make it though...and that made my heart happy.  The energy of the park was electric...something I can't describe.  So many folks told me that they knew my mom was watching from Heaven.  It was a great day.  We raised more money and had more participants than last year, so that was good news, too! Although the race was great, I still hope for the day that we can race in CELEBRATION of the END of breast cancer. 
Fear Not. Only Believe.





No comments:

Post a Comment