Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saying Yes

SAYING YES!

This past week has been interesting to say the least.  I've had a neck injury and this past week it has gotten progressively more severe.  I have been told by 2 doctors and a PT that I need to get a MRI stat.  They almost sent me to the ER, but really...what's the point in that? It's so much easier to take care of others than it is to take care of myself.  It's literally...a pain in the neck. Ha ha.  (Only now I'm not laughing!) So, although I've been in the most physical pain I've ever endured, I do see the blessing.  I've got a husband who helps pick up the slack when I'm down.  I've got great friends and neighbors that really do care about me and would move mountains for me.  I've come to appreciate how blessed I am to have been in such perfect health...how blessed I've been to pick up my boys...be the active mom I like to be.  I'm blessed to have a job with insurance and sick time if I need it. Blessed to have a comfy bed. Blessed that I'm not a single mom doing it all on my own.  So, on that note, this week, I'm focusing on my blessings and saying YES to...
  • YES to an MRI.  No, it won't be cheap.  But it's necessary.  I tell folks all the time...you can't give what you don't have.  I know that I can't care for and love my dear ones until I first care for myself. 
  • I'm saying YES to the end of my week-long of emotional eating...I'm a stress-eater...especially when I can't work out.
  • On that note...I'm saying YES to finding creative ways to work out.  Possibly Yoga in the mix.
  • YES to my precious boys---Michael, Noah, & Jackson.
  • I say YES to connecting with my dear, intentional family.
  • Yes to realizing that some friendships have been about me doing the giving & finding peace with the silence.
  • YES to asking for help.
  • YES to working on my patience.
  • I say YES to making efforts to stay focused on the present and not stressing the day away.
  • YES to victories for those without a voice!!
  • I say YES to being comfortable with being different. Yes to beating to my own drum.
  • I say YES to asking for a compromise, re-doing what wasn't done well, and taking time IN with my boys.
  • YES to putting the media down and focusing on relationships.
  • I say YES to tryiing to get myself organized.  I SO want to be one of those organized people! I think it's harder for big-picture/creative types like myself to be organized.  I don't know.  Or it could be the ADD in me saying that:)
  • YES to gratitude.  YES to "What you focus on...E-X-P-A-N-D-S!"
  • I say YES to hugs, squeezes, cuddles, and cozy time in my bed with my boys before the business of the day begins.
  • I say YES to listening to Noah go on and on about Angry Birds and YES to Jackson's exploration of everything!
  • I say YES to getting caught up with and staying on top of my paperwork...endless struggle!
  • YES to getting some answers about my pain in the neck & shoulder. 
  • I say YES to taking it one day at a time.
  • YES to noticing and celebrating the seemingly small things in life.
  • YES to feeling the fear and doing it anyway.
  • YES to listening to my higher self and silencing my inner critic.
  • YES to making sure to have FUN every day.  We might not be able to have fun ALL day of every day...but we can incorporate fun into SOME part of every day!
  • I say YES to laughter.  YES to real, authentic relationships.
  • YES to life.  It's meant to be lived, not just endured.
  • YES to progress, not perfection!  YES! YES! YES!
What are YOU saying YES to this week?!?  



1 comment:

  1. Oh ny sweet friend,....hugs and BIG love to you. Please let me know how it goes today. Thinking of you..Stay positive. It will be okay!.

    ReplyDelete