Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy 29th birthday Courtney



















- Happy 29th Birthday Courtney!
Courtney is a dear friend of mine....one of the strongest, most inspiring people I know.  She has taught me so much.  Today is her 29th birthday! In celebration of her 29th, I met her for lunch. In typical Courtney fashion, on HER birthday...she has a gift for ME?!? WHAT?!? Who does that?! My amazing friend, that's who. 
Courtney did not have the charmed childhood and life that I have had.  She suffered some pretty huge bumps in the road.  But she has learned, grown, gained insight...and taught me so much about the human spirit throughout our friendship that grows stronger every day.  She just gets it. She quotes ME to ME....and to other people! She's now in college, a single mom, working full time, doing a great job as a mother...and one of the purest hearts I've ever known.  Today during lunch, she told me that she brought me the flower because she didn't believe that she would've made it to her 29th birthday if I hadn't been in her life.  She told me how I was the first person to really believe in her...and that it made all the difference in her life.  There is no greater gift than knowing that you've made a difference.  She has made such a difference in my life.  I quote HER to people all the time...so much, that Judge Clark now uses some of Courtney's phrases with our clients in court. "You, sir are what we call duckin' and dodging!"
I am so excited for her future...and I'm blessed to call her my dear friend. 
"This bitch will cut for you." (A Courtney-ism and one of my all-time favorite compliments!)
Happy 29th, dear friend!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment