Saturday, January 12, 2013

Best house call

Poor Jackson...has the flu.
He's been running fever for about 24 hours.  I called Dr. Mark & he was working a 24 hour shift in Winnsboro. He wanted to check out his lungs and ears but won't be back until tomorrow.  I called the ER...and some woman that did NOT speak very good English told me that there was at least a 3-4 hour wait.  Of course, I called about 30 minutes before Jackson's bedtime.  Anyway, I emailed John my woes. (No, I hadn't even bathed yet, picked up the house, or done the dishes...one of those glamorous days.) He & Jenny (AKA Pediatrician Dr. Calvert...until they get married...and I don't know if she's going to take his name, keep her name professionally or what...to discuss later, I'm sure) were going to dinner & the symphony tonight & he offered to bring Jenny by for a house call.  SERIOUSLY?  Not long after my email, I received a knock on my door.  Jenny & John made a house call for poor Jackson (and his poor parents!)  Is that not the sweetest thing? She prescribed him Tamiflu and checked him out.  No having to go to the ER or even wait for Dr. Mark.  Talk about BLESSED!!! THANK YOU, Dr. Jenny (& for bringing her, John) for your kind and selfless gift! We adore you both!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment