Sunday, October 16, 2011

Remembering a moment of perfection

Michael was out of town this weekend, "watching Bevo," as Noah would say. (AKA in Austin at a longhorn game) Saturday evening, the boys and I just had one of those moments of perfection...that if I didn't write down, I perhaps would forget. Jackson is very clingy to Mommy right now, and became fussy when sitting in his height chair during dinnertime. As usual, we had John Lennon playing to help settle him down, as he loves John Lennon. After John Lennon, John Mayer's song, "Say What You Need To Say," began playing. I picked up Jackson, and we began dancing cheek to cheek. He smiled and instantly settled. Then Noah wanted to dance. I had Jackson against my cheek, and then placed Noah's hand in mine; his other hand in Jackson's. The three of us held hands and danced to "Say What You Need To Say," next to the kitchen table. Tears welled in my eyes, as I knew it was a moment of perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment