Sunday, October 9, 2011

Good night, sweet Jackson

I just finished nursing Jackson to sleep. As it is nearing 11:00 pm, although I was tired, I took just a few extra minutes to hold my precious baby closely against my chest and just rock with him as he slept. I listened to his breathing, and snuggled in close and tried to take it all in. What a miracle it is to be a mother. To think that a year ago, I was (misreably) pregnant and that 11 months later, I'm holding in my arms the most precious baby who I love so dearly. My heart goes out to all those couples struggling with infertility, and to all those children who don't feel truly adored by their parents. I see all-too-often the heartache families endure in my work with CPS, and I want my children to know that they are truly blessed to be in such a loving family. They are truly loved. I don't take being a mother for granted; because being a mother is God's greatest gift. Sleep well, my Jackson & Noah. And know that you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment