Sunday, July 4, 2010

Noah's 1st Fireworks

Noah saw his first "fireworks" tonight. Michael just bought some sparklers and a few things from the fireworks store. It was much more fun than I imagined! When Noah saw the fireworks, he was captivated. He called it, "Colors!" When the fireworks started popping, Noah was the only child that didn't make a run for it...instead, he said, "Moooooore!" I hesitated to let him do a sparkler, but Michael got the long kind, so I figured it would be a safe distance from Noah, and I held onto the sparkler the whole time, too. (Even though he'd rather I let him hold it himself...no chance!) The kids ate cupcakes while we watched the show. They were so good. It was just perfect. It's funny....as I write this, I can hear the Hollytree Country Club fireworks show, as it's just about a mile from our house. No amount of fireworks I could see could top seeing my son experience this perfect 4th of July. Noah watching the fireworks for the first time.Susie, Nick Nick, Michael, & Noah watch the fireworks from a safe distance. Not to mention, I had an ER doctor supervising! Noah lights his first sparkler! (With Mommy's help).

I must say, these newer, longer sparklers, are MUCH safer than the short, little sticks of fire I grew up on!
The funniest part of the fireworks---Matthew---He was NOT a fan of the fireworks...and kept a safe distance behind...but the 2 year-olds thought it was just grand! Nick Nick & Doug liked the sparklers, too!
Happy 4th of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment