Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I have to say, 4th of July 2010 turned out just about perfect. I wasn't looking forward to this holiday much, so we didn't plan on doing any big bash or anything. Mainly because I'm pregnant and tired, and I have to work a long day tomorrow. It's funny, though. I just can't seem to let a holiday go by without celebrating and at least decorating a little for it! Rebekah recently told me, that one day my kids would really remember me decorating for the holidays, and would treasure that. I could just hear that ringing in my ears...not in a negative way, but in a positive way. So about lunchtime, I called Susie, and we decided to just cook out and swim for a low-key fourth. My good friend, Shawn, and his girlfriend, Amy, came as well. It required little planning, and it was just relaxing and fun! Not an ounce of having to have everything perfect, just enjoying the moment. Noah looking like a rock star in his 4th of July glasses. I love this picture!

Mommy & Noah- 4th of July 2010- Noah is exactly 2 years & 5 months old today & I'm exactly 21 weeks & 5 days pregnant with Noah's little brother today! Life is a changing!

Susie made homemade blackberry cobbler (even picked the berries fresh herself!) and we topped it with Blue Bell ice cream. And Amy made a treat where she put ice cream in between chocolate chip cookies! Yum! Later the kids had cupcakes! Of course, Noah chose red! We had plenty of sweets & treats! Of course, Daddy made a ton of meat, too--chicken, brats, hamburgers, & hot dogs!


Daddy & Mommy

Uncle Doug threw Noah waaaay up high in the air! Noah loved it!
Swimming with Susie & the cousins!

Shawn & Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment