Thursday, July 29, 2010

An Amazing Email From My Dad

This is an amazing email I received from my dad today. I am constantly astonished at how incredible he is. I know I have been abundantly blessed to be raised by such a wonderful father.
This is my email verbatum,

"Dear Ones-
At a memorial service for workers having died in the last 3 year cycle, there was this thought at the convention-
Jesus said, "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me."
John 14:1.
"Let us remember with thanksgiving those who have gone before us with the sign of faith, for they were created by God to offer Him praise and thanksgiving forever, and He gave them new life through His Son in Holy Baptism, and nourished them in the company of His people at His holy table, and in His mercy has summoned them to His nearer presence so that they may continue in joy."

Someday I will be gone from your presence and there may be many remembrances that you have of me-some loving, touching, and warming,- for those I am grateful- others perhaps painful, disappointing, and harsh- for those I am deeply sorry and ask for your forgiveness.

But all of those remembrances that you might have, please cling to and hold fast what is my faith. God brought us into this world to serve Him and others. He gave us new life in the waters of Holy Baptism. He nurtured and sustained us in the body and blood that Jesus shed, and He will call us home to His eternal comfort and peace in His own good time and way. This is my faith- the hope that I cling to and rely upopn. It may not always be apparent, seen in my words and actions, or lived in my daily life. For those failings and short comings God gives me His free and full forgiveness. And because He has loved me, called me, redeemed me- bought me back- I am His and will remain so forever in His loving care and mercy.

I love you all and pray that this faith is yours also and sustains you as it has, does, and will me.

Dad"

No comments:

Post a Comment