Sunday, February 1, 2015

Noah's 7th Surprise Birthday Party

Noah's 7th birthday party was in his words, "The BEST party I've ever had!"
He told me he wanted a "surprise party" for his 7th birthday. I tried to steer him away from that idea, but that's what he continued to describe for his birthday theme.  I told him that lots of work went into planning a surprise party, and that we couldn't have the party at our home because he would see the decorations and party planning.  He worked around that and informed me that I could surprise him at either Discovery Science Place, Jumping Jacks, or somewhere else that I already forgot.  (Does he KNOW I just had a baby and this was going to be an epic amount of work and life force?!?)  BUT, I pulled it off...and it was totally worth it.  He also specified the theme for me: an alligator surprise party.  No tall order there, right? What can I say? The kid knows what he wants. I have a feeling he gets that honest!
This was Noah's cake---not my typical 2-tier, fondant covered masterpiece I usually do...and when I say, "I," I mean, "Village Bakery." But, Noah was clear: He wanted a buttercream cake with white icing and white cake with chocolate filling. SO that's what he got.  I did perk it up a bit by placing a REAL alligator's head atop the cake. That got BIG points from the 7 year old boys in the crowd! 
 
The spread
Every year since his 1st birthday, I have made cookies for Noah's party---this year was the year of the alligator...so, navy & green gator cookies it was!

 
Gator cookies, gator gummies, gator cupcakes, & green jello (non-alcoholic; although, many parents requested that I re-think the whole non-alcoholic thing for the next party!)

All the kiddos got to take home their own gator hat. That was a hit.


Everyone seemed to love the decorations and the whole idea of surprising a 7 year old! I heard several other kids tell their parents that now THEY wanted a surprise birthday party.  I'm just glad it is DONE! But I'm mostly glad that we actually pulled off the surprise (thank you Paw Paw) and that Noah loved his party.

No comments:

Post a Comment