Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Dear Friend Elizabeth

As I write this, I'm watching the Emmy Awards and texting my best friend, Elizabeth, back and forth. She's the only person in the world who I'd do this with, but she has this ability to read my mind...ESPECIALLY when it comes to fashion! And she's the only person that will appreciate the hoopla the way I do. A famous movie star will come on, and she'll text me her opinion of the dress, the hair, etc. My favorite text was when some lady won for best director and I get a text saying, "Bad red dress, the boobs." Of course she was right. The dress was SUCH a What NOT to Wear Dress. Her boobs were almost down to her naval, and the dress just accentuated that. My response was, "Reading my mind! Get her a wonderbra...but she is a director." (Like it's o.k. to look bad if you're behind the camera). Elizabeth's response, "So what, it will be everywhere."
She's right about that, too. Anyway, it was so much simple fun. I love her dearly.
We're both going to take our Advil PM & call it a night. Good night, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment