Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saying Yes

Our weekend was anything but restful! Michael was out of town with Bevo, as Noah would say, and I had both the boys...sick. Double ear infection and cough for Jackson, and pink eye and cough for Noah. Did I mention that I lived on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night last week because I had a hell week at work? Did I mention that we had a photo session for the boys scheduled this past weekend? Did I mention it was out of town? Did I mention I self-medicated all weekend with carbs? (Yes, at one point...oh no, make that two points...I was literally eating the icing out of the can. A certain type of desperation comes when you're doing that!) Did I mention that, despite the sickness, the coughing, the hilarious attempt at pictures, and sleepless nights...I still had a great time? Did I mention that Noah is at the most precious age? And did I mention that Jackson is, too? Despite the chaos, I took it as it came and didn't miss the moments of perfection that were right in front of me...holding my baby against my chest as I rocked him to sleep...playing tent under the covers, watching the boys splish splash in the bath...watching in amazement as Jackson toddles along...listening to Noah sing "Angels We Have Heard On High." Perfection.  Yes! Yes! Yes!

This week, I'm saying YES to...
Getting back on the bandwagon with my fitness...STAT!
Yes to talking to Noah about the meaning of Thanksgiving.
I say yes to baking my mother's cookies for Thanksgiving with the boys!
Yes to Turkey Trotting.
I say yes for gratitude for my many blessings.
Yes to remembering my mother.
I say yes to staying in the present moment.
Yes to Christmas decorating.
YES to my 12 feet tall tree filled with pictures!
Yes to watching Jackson toddle on two legs. Yes to watching my sons play together.
Yes to packing the family up for Thanksgiving with Grammie & The Carlile Crew.
I say yes to declaring this a no-stress Thanksgiving.
Yes to turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie...and Yes to giving myself a free day with no guilt.
Yes to black Friday shopping with Susie.
Yes to pictures and catching up on my blog.
I say yes to going with the flow & letting it all happen as God intended.
Yes to reflection.
Yes to feeling humble.
Yes to grace..."a free gift God gives us."  Something my dad taught me in confirmation.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment