Monday, December 20, 2010

Jackson's Baptism

Yesterday, December 19, 2010, my dad, Jackson's Grampa, baptized Jackson at St. John Lutheran Church. We had lots of family with us: Grampa & Oma, Grammie, Aunt Rebekah & Uncle Brian, Sam, Lucas, Alice, Aunt Susie & Uncle Doug, Matthew, Nicholas, Aunt Denise & Uncle Brad, Andrew, Ella, James, Paw Paw & Granny Meg, and Sarah. Aunt Elizabeth, Uncle George, Veronica, Connery, & Murphy were also in attendance. Baptisms are always emotional for me, but watching my father baptize my children was especially emotional. What a gift! We had all our family literally standing with us as Grampa baptized Jackson. Jackson was awake for the actual baptism but didn't cry at all. He was perfect! Aunt Susie, Aunt Denise, & Aunt Rebekah were our sponsors. Aunt Rebekah also help a lot by keeping Noah from running all through the church while Jackson was being baptized!! I feel so blessed to have our family with us to witness this special day.
***A special historical note about Jackson's baptismal gown. The gown Jackson wore was made by my Great Grandma Ebeling. Denise was the first to wear the gown. After Denise, I was baptized in this gown, then Susie. Since then, all Denise's children (Andrew, Ella, & James), all Susie's children (Matthew & Nicholas), & all my children...Noah & Jackson...have been baptized in this hand-made gown. The ribbon in the gown can be changed to pink or blue, depending on the gender of the baby. Isn't that just incredible? God bless you, dear Jackson.


















No comments:

Post a Comment